The First International Meeting on Social and Solidarity Economy, which will be held from 27th to 29th November 2014 in Zaragoza, will bring together social organisations, administrations, companies, committed entrepreneurs and consumers to share experiences about the social and solidary economy and discuss its future possibilities.
Under the motto “Economy Meets People”, the event will be taking place throughout the city to bring more ethical economic models to people seeking a real alternative to the crisis. In summary, the main aim of the event is to reinforce current social and solidary economy networks as well as creating new partnerships.
The major issues are grouped into six major thematic subjects:
- Dialogues between ESYS, public institutions and other social organizations
- Citizen innovation in consumption
- Opportunities and challenges of ethical finances
- Knowledge transfer and generation in Social and Solidary Economy: contributions from feminism and other economies
- Creation and sustainability of economic and solidary fabric
- Social and Solidary Economy in rural areas
The subjects will be explored in several activities designed for different publics at varying levels – from novice to expert.
However, the congress is much more than that: Two forums will bring us inspiring experiences on cross-cutting issues of general interest. Social economy entities will have the opportunity to meet each other in a Meetic area. Committed consumers will learn about alternative consumption in a MeCambio area. For three days there will be a cultural program which will be concluded with a big awards ceremony.
In addition, a Seminar on Public Administration and Social Economy will take place on 26th and 27th November, in Zaragoza And coinciding with the congress, from 27th to 29th November, a Meeting for Young Researchers on Social Economy will be held.